20090326

☆ 017 ; show-off



I have new scans from my sketchbook! An update like this is long overdue. I feel the need to digitize at least some of my pages and show how I work. As I'm beginning to get more and more free time, though, I want to open another sketchbook and start drawing again like I did in high school. It's been such a long time since I've done anything like I used to, the painting and portraits, and I'm a bit anxious. What if I lost it? I started a painting about six months ago but never got to complete it because of thesis, and I'm not sure if I can just pick it up again (photo of it and me being a tired creeper being it on the left). I have ones that I haven't completed that I started in FIRST YEAR (photo on the right).



And now onto sketchbook thumbnails. I love to collage, that's easy enough to gather. I like to remember things I see and that's easier when I put them together.




end of book one.



start of book two.


This sketchbook doesn't really have any drawings in it yet, as I was drawing in the first one. But it has loads of information, such as laying out and sketching the study abroad website (scan 1), working on my research project (scan 2-- there's about 10-15 more pages like this), and working on unit summaries (scan 3). I'll be posting a unit summary tomorrow and an update about the research and revised designs for the study abroad website early next week.



-----

I want to spread the word about two Korean artists that I think could really make it big here if they just gained the support. First of all is Epik High, a hip hop trio. Their work is both in Korean and English, and they recently left their previous record label to go a more independent route as a form of rebellion against the music industry. Their album will be released a little later tonight or early tomorrow morning, as the release date is March 27 in South Korea. The physical album includes a book, but the album can also be bought on iTunes. Check out their website here.

Second is BoA, a female solo artist who has hit it big in South Korea and Japan and just released an English language album aimed at an American audience about a week ago. It's really, REALLY awesome if you like dance-pop music, and her voice is really amazing! Her album is also available on iTunes. Below is my favorite song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home